Effective & last updated July 01, 2019
Janani respects your privacy and recognizes the need to protect your personal information (any information by which you can be identified, such as name, address, financial information, and telephone number) you share with us. We would like to assure you that we follow appropriate standards when it comes to protecting your privacy on our web sites and applications.
In general, you can visit Janani without telling us who you are or revealing any personal information about yourself..
A transaction on Janani platform is to be conducted by persons above the age of 18 years only. If you are under 18 years of age, you are not allowed to make a transaction in Janani platform. It is the duty of the legal guardians of all persons below 18 years of age to ensure that their wards do not make a transaction without their supervision on Janani. It shall be automatically deemed that by allowing any person below the age of 18 years to transact on Janani; their legal guardians have expressly consented to their use and we disclaim any liability arising from your failure to do so.
We may collect your personal data when you:
- a) create an account with us or
- b) otherwise provide us with your personal data or
- c) use of any related services connected to Janani or
- d) participate in contests and surveys, apply for a job, or otherwise participate in activities we promote that might require information about you; or
- e) complete contact forms or request newsletters or other information from us (ex: email)
When you access Janani we will automatically collect your computer data, which may include
- a) browser type
- b) IP address
- c) language
- d) operating system
- e) cookies and the ID and location of your device
- f) the state or country from which you accessed Janani
- g) the pages/videos you view
- h) length of time spent on pages/videos
- i) the services you use and the manner in which you use such services (e.g., the content you access, view, click on, search for, transact etc.)
- j) the date and time of your visit
- k) metadata, logs files, error logs
- l) other geographic and demographic information; and
- m) other hardware and software information.
- n) which pop up or push messages you might have seen and responded to
This computer data is collected for analysis and evaluation in order to help us improve Janani platform, the services we provide and to enhance your experience by providing you with better services and benefits that you shall be entitled to.
To the extent that such computer data is maintained in a manner that identifies your name or contact information, it will be treated as personal data; otherwise, such computer data will be treated as non-personal data.
The personal data we collect from you will be used, or shared with third parties (including related companies and third party service providers), for some or all of the following purposes:
- creating or maintaining any account or profile you may have with us
- to track your activity on Janani
- verifying and carrying out financial transactions in relation to any payments or transfers you make
- carrying out research and analytics on our users’ demographics and behaviour
- to personalise and/tailor any communications that we may send you and provide you with products, services or information we think you may find useful or which you have requested from us or have expressed an interest in
- to personalise and enhance user experience
- determining and verifying your eligibility for certain marketing or transaction events and other features of Janani
- communicating with you in relation to your account and alerting you to the latest developments
- to enable us to administer any competitions or other offers/promotions which you enter into
- for fraud screening and prevention purposes
When you register an account or otherwise provide us with your personal data, we may also use the personal data to send to you marketing and/or promotional materials about us and our services from time to time. You can unsubscribe from receiving the marketing information at any time by using the unsubscribe function within the electronic marketing material.
In order to provide our products and services to you or to otherwise fulfil contractual arrangements that we have with you, we may need to appoint other organizations to carry out some of the data processing activities on our behalf. These may include, for example, payment processing organizations, delivery organizations, fraud prevention and screening and credit risk management companies, and mailing houses.
We may share your data with advertising networks and/or social media platforms for the purposes of selecting and serving relevant adverts to you via those networks/platforms, and to search engine and analytics providers.
Janani and its services may contain links to third-party websites, including identity verification and social networking websites. Your use of these features may result in the collection or sharing of information about you, depending on the feature. Please be aware that we are not responsible for the content or privacy practices of other websites or services to which we link. We do not endorse or make any representations about third-party websites or services. The personal data you choose to provide to or that is collected by these third parties is not covered by our Privacy Statement. We strongly encourage you to read such third parties’ privacy statements.
We may share:
(A) your personal data with any person or entity where we believe in good faith that such disclosure is necessary to:
- (i) comply with the law or in response to a subpoena, court order, government request, or other legal process.
- (ii) produce relevant documents or information in connection with litigation, arbitration, mediation, adjudication, government or internal investigations, or other legal or administrative proceedings;
- (iii) protect the interests, rights, safety, or property of Janani or others;
- (iv) otherwise as permitted under applicable law.
(B) personal data about our visitors, customers, or former customers with the following types of companies that perform services on our behalf or with whom we have joint marketing agreements:
- (i) Non-financial companies such as envelope stuffers, fulfilment service providers, payment processors, data processors, customer/support services, etc., and/or
- (ii) Financial service providers such as companies engaged in banking/payments/facilitating financial transactions.
In sharing your personal data with such parties, we will reasonably endeavour to ensure that the third parties and our affiliates keep your personal data secure from unauthorised access, collection, use, disclosure, or similar risks and retain your personal data only for as long as they need your personal data to achieve the abovementioned purposes.
If any disclosure of your personal data involves the transfer of your personal data by Janani out of India, we will take steps to reasonably ensure that the receiving jurisdiction has in place a standard of protection accorded to personal data that is comparable to the protection under India’s data protection laws.
We have implemented reasonable security arrangements including physical, administrative, technical, and electronic security measures to protect against the loss, misuse, and alteration of your personal data. Despite our best efforts, however, no security measures are perfect or impenetrable. In the event where you believe your privacy has been breached, please contact us immediately.
It is your responsibility to protect any passwords you require to access your account, on Janani. Please use unique numbers, letters and special characters, and do not share your password with anyone. If you do share your password with others, you will be responsible for all actions taken in the name of your account and the consequences. If you lose control of your password, you may lose substantial control over your personal data and other information submitted to us. You could also be subject to legally binding actions taken on your behalf. Therefore, if your password has been compromised for any reason or if you have grounds to believe that your password has been compromised, you should immediately contact us and change your password.
You undertake to treat your password and other confidential information in relation to the use of Janani and its services confidentially, and we disclaim any liability arising from your failure to do so.
You may update any of your personal data we possess by contacting us at email@example.com and we will endeavour to serve your request for updation. Janani reserves the right to accept or reject requests made for updating of personal data and in case of any such refusal we will also endeavour to inform you the reason for such refusal.
You may communicate your objection to our continual use and/or disclosure of your personal data for any of the purposes and in the manner as stated above at any time by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you do not wish for us to continue using your information, and/or disclose your personal data for any of the purposes and in the manner as stated above at any time, you may opt out of providing the same by contacting us at email@example.com. Please note that if you choose not to provide the Information we request, you can still visit Janani, but you may not be able to access certain options, offers and services. Janani reserves all legal rights and remedies in such an event.
We retain personal data only for as long as necessary to provide the services you have requested and thereafter for a variety of legitimate legal or business purposes. These might include retention periods:
- mandated by law, contract or similar obligations applicable to our business operations;
- for preserving, resolving, defending or enforcing our legal/contractual rights; or needed to maintain adequate and accurate business and financial records.
If you have an enquiry or a complaint about the way we handle your personal information, or to seek to exercise your privacy rights in relation to the personal information we hold about you, you may contact our customer grievance officer as follows:
- By Email:firstname.lastname@example.org
- By Mail:Customer Grievance Officer
L-170, 171,’Janani’, 6th sector, Ring Road HSR Layout, Bangalore – 560 102
- We will respond to all requests, inquiries or concerns within a reasonable period.