Using a cab for commute has become an essential part of our city life. It provides a comfortable and hassle-free travel when compared to other modes of transport. However with the increased adoption of cabs for mobility, the crime and incident of mishaps in the cabs are also rising, like in the recent case of a young woman losing her life in the clutches of cab driver in Bengaluru. Had she taken few important safety precautions before using the services, probably she would be alive today.
Here are few tips one needs to follow before availing general cab services to ensure a safe ride: –
- Always Use the cab services from authorised service providers and book using the App or following the process provided by company to book a cab. In the above incident looks the women asked the driver dropped previous night to come for her early morning drop to Airport without making any official booking.
- Cross verify the cab number with the SMS received in the cab you are boarding or in the app.
- Check the cab driver valid ID Card
- Keep your mobile phones adequately charged, switched on and have emergency help line numbers stored in speed dial.
- Always ensure the panic button is available and use it during emergency
- Wear the seat belt while travelling
- Let a friend know: While on the ride, tap “Share status” in the app to share your driver’s name, photo, license plate, and location with a friend or family member. They can track your trip and see your ETA without downloading the app.
- Wait indoors for your ride until the app shows your driver has arrived
- If the driver engages in rash driving or dozes-off while driving, stop the cab immediately and activate panic button
- Do not behave, argue or appear in such a manner that encourages an unwarranted approach from the driver or others